May 18, 2014
Curry is one of our absolute favorite easy dinners. Curry is traditionally served with potatoes, vegetables and a protein, but you won’t find starchy potatoes in this recipe. I think it takes away from the delicious flavor of the curry. This is a homemade curry without the use of processed shortcuts. Don’t worry though, this is a very simple recipe for nights you want a quick satisfying meal.
Food allergies/ restrictions
1 lb. organic chicken
4 tablespoons curry
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 can organic Thai Kitchen coconut milk
1 cup organic chicken broth
A few tablespoons high heat coconut oil for cooking
1 organic bell pepper
1 organic onion
1 head of organic broccoli
Handful of organic almonds
Arrow root or coconut flour for thickening
Organic rice/quinoa optional (can use any veggies-squash, zucchini, snap peas etc.)
Preparation & Directions
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and pat dry with paper towel. Combine curry, cinnamon, and chicken into a bowl and set aside.
- Wash veggies in Veggie Wash and then rinse. Chop and slice all veggies and cook in a large pan or wok in high heat oil. Once veggies are almost fully cooked, remove and set aside.
- Add chicken in the veggie pan and cook until almost done.
- Add coconut milk and chicken broth to chicken. Once it starts to simmer, add the veggies back in.
- Let simmer and thicken. Add arrow root or coconut flour to thicken.
- While curry is thickening, chop up a handful of basil and chop almonds. Top the curry with both.
- Serve with rice or without.