Wasabi Salmon with Bok Choy & Mushrooms
June 16, 2014
This dish is a favorite! It's perfect for a date night at home or entertaining. Salmon has amazing omega-3 benefits. If you want shiny hair, bright eyes, and healthy skin, salmon can help with that as well.
Food allergies/ restrictions
Estimated cooking time: 30 minutes
makes 4 servings
1/2 cup Veganaise (or mayonnaise)
1 Tbsp. wasabi powder (mixed with 1 - 2 tbsp. of water to create a paste)
1 1/2" piece of ginger, peeled, finely grated (I use a cheese grater)
3 garlic gloves, finely grated
4 6-oz. salmon filets
1 lb. or 4 baby bok choy, with the ends cut off
4 oz. mushrooms, stemmed and chopped (I like to use baby portobello or maitake)
2 tbsp. pure olive oil or coconut oil
Coconut amino acids (soy sauce substitute)
Preparation & Directions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Meanwhile, put the mayo, wasabi, half of the garlic and ginger in a food processor and pulse a few times. You could also mix ingredients together by hand in a bowl instead.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Place bok choy and mushrooms in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add remaining garlic and ginger. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter vegetables across one side of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or use a glass casserole dish. Drizzle with coconut aminos.
- Arrange salmon on the other side.
- Roast at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through. Stir vegetables occasionally.
- Serve wasabi mayo alongside.